- Joseph Cereola M.H.S. . 1977 For extraordinary achievement in the United States Navy. Captain Cereola served aboard USS PARGO, USS TREPANG, USS BREMERTON and commanded USS ALASKA (BLUE) and USS OHIO (GOLD). He conducted one strategic deterrent patrol on ALASKA and earned the Navigation “N”. While in command of OHIO he completed four strategic deterrent patrols, launched four C4 test missiles for a Follow-on Test and Evaluation and was awarded the Navigation “N” and two Ney awards. Ashore he served as an Assistant Professor of Naval Science at Boston University and was a member of the Pacific Fleet Nuclear Propulsion Examining Board. His awards include three Meritorious Service Medals, four Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. He and his wife Kellie live in Oceanside California with their children Danielle, Russell, Jordin and Kyra
- David Edelson, MD, FACP – B.H.S. 1976 For extraordinary achievement as a Physician. Dr. Edelson is the founder, CEO & Medical Director of HealthBridge, a multi-specialty medical facility in Manhasset, NY specializing in preventative healthcare and weight management. He was Chief Resident at LI Jewish Hospital and is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is a Board Certified in Internal Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Edelson is one of the first 300 physicians to be Board Certified in Bariatric Medicine, and is widely recognized as one of the nation’s leading experts in Obesity. He is also a Senior Medical Examiner for the FAA and a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight, flying sick children for needed medical treatment. He is an experienced marathon runner, having run both the Boston and NYC Marathons. He also performs as a concert violinist, and has recently performed at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center.
- David Bossert M.H.S.. 1978 For extraordinary achievement in the field of motion picture animation. He is an award winning producer and Creative Director at Disney Animation Special Projects in Burbank , CA. Mr. Bossert has been with the Walt Disney Company for 22 years. His numerous screen credits include the Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Who Framed Roger Rabbit , and Fantasia 2000. He was the associate producer for Destino, a film nominated for an academy award in 2004 and Artistic Coordinator for Lorenzo nominated in 2005 . Dave is a Trustee of CalArts where he joins distinguished colleagues Roy E. Disney, Jeffery Katzenberg , Peter Norton and Don Cheadle .His awards include California Institute of the Arts President’s Award for service to the Institute , Los Angeles County Proclamation for Community Service and numerous Film and DVD awards. He is a founding member and President of the CalArts Alumni Association , Vice President of the West Ranch Town Council and Chair of the Stevenson Ranch Civic Association . Dave, his wife Nancy and their two daughters Sydney and Marlee resided in Stevenson Ranch, CA
- Lynne Edelson-Levine B.H.S. 1974 For extraordinary achievement as a professional musician. A graduate of the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia, she is currently in her 28th season as a violist with the National Symphony Orchestra in Washington, D.C. Although the orchestra’s official home is the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts., her tours with the orchestra have taken her across four continents. In addition to being a chamber music coach and a member of the audition panel for the orchestra’s Summer Music Institute, she has also taught young string players throughout the country during her orchestra’s annual state residency tours. As a founding member of the Manchester String Quartet, she performed locally and nationally for nine years and competed in international quartet competitions in Canada and Germany. She has performed with the American Camerata, the Theater Chamber Players, the American Chamber Players, and the Twentieth Century Consort. As a soloist, she has performed with the New York Virtuosi Chamber Symphony and the National Symphony Orchestra at Wolf Trap. She lives in Potomac, Maryland with her psychiatrist husband (Dan), her dancer daughter (Rachel), and her six cats.
- Carol Hartzell M.H.S.. 1966 For extraordinary achievement as a teacher of Physical Education. Carol began her career as an elementary physical education teacher at Unqua. She transferred to M.H.S. in the 1987 M.H.S./BHS merger and was a prime contributor to the unique M.H.S. PE classroom instructional program which focuses on personal health, nutrition and fitness. She originated the Coed “Friday Fitness” program and the “Marley Mile”. A breast cancer survivor, she overcame personal adversity and selflessly fostered “C.A.R.E.”, a student organization which promotes Cancer Awareness Research and Education. Through their efforts, the students have raised funds for research, patient support, and families in need. C.A.R.E. activities include Breast Cancer Awareness Walks, Relay For Life, Cancer Center For Kids Parties, Hike for Mike, a fundraiser to assist a student undergoing cancer treatment, nursing home and children’s cancer hospital visitations. Miss Hartzell’s greatest joy is to give her students the opportunity to reach out and help others.
- John Kirby M.H.S.. 1977For extraordinary achievement in the field of finance. Currently, a Senior Equity Trader for Susquehanna International Group. He was a Managing Director of OTC Equities at Bear Stearns. Served as a Principal Partner and Senior Managing Director of Equity Trading, Montgomery Securities. Sales Trader and Market Maker, Smith Barney Harris Upham. For exemplary community service. Mr. Kirby was awarded Townson University’s “Spirit of the University Award”. He continues to be a major supporter of the University and is a Board member of the Towson Athletic Fund. John is a major supporter and a Board member of the Massapequa Community Fund. He was recently elected Vice President of the Massapequa Lacrosse Club. John also supports the Ronald McDonald House, his church and the Massapequa Mustangs. While living in California, he was a supporter of the Guardsman Big Brother’s Group, The Women’s League and was instrumental in bringing Columbine High School students to Walnut Creek to speak to local high school students about their ordeal and how important it is for students to be more sensitive to classmates, to be more aware of their actions and the actions of others. He is an advocate for gun control. He resides in Massapequa with his wife Maura _and their children_ Ryan and Ian
- Jolyne Caruso FitzGerald M.H.S.. 1977For extraordinary achievement in the field of Investment Banking. Jolyne was appointed Managing Director and Head of Lehman Brothers Global Absolute Return Strategies business in March 2005. She is a member of the firm’s Management Committee and the Investment Management Division Steering Committee. She is a Wall Street veteran with 25 years of experience in both U.S. and international markets. Recently Jolyne served as President and a founder of Andor Capital Management, which became one of the largest hedge fund firms. Prior assignments include: Head of Equities- Americas and President, JP Morgan Securities, and Managing Director, Bear Stearns Equity Division. Her community service includes the Board of Trustees of Barnard College, Columbia University, Angel for “100 Women in Hedge Funds”, Mentor for Robert Tiogo Foundation. In addition Jolyne and her husband have established a family foundation to support charities relating toeducational, children’s and women’s issues. She resides in Manhasset, NY with her husband Attorney Shawn FitzGerald and their children Christian and Gabrielle.
- Richard Genovese M.H.S.. 1977 For extra ordinary achievement in the field of sales & merchandising. After graduating from college Richard Genovese join the Anheuser-Busch organization as a marketing associate. During the course of his career steady progress has resulted in his appointment as Geographic Marketing Director for the entire North East. He and his associates consistently exceed expectations and sales targets. He is responsible for new brand introductions, sports and entertainment marketing, local and national media, and executing St.Louis programs and initiatives. He currently manages one of the top units in the nation from Maine to New York. For exemplary community service: He has contributed personal time and resources to numerous fund raising efforts for the following organizations: Massapequa Community Fund; Massapequa HS Moms Club; Massapequa Hall of Fame Inc. Bill Cutillo Memorial Golf Outing; Massapequa Elks; Massapequa Mustangs; Massapequa Kiwanis Club; Muscular Dystrophy Association; Soup Kitchen of Freeport, NY; Boy’s Club of Harlem; The Avalon Open with proceed going to Massapequa 9-11 victims families.
- Stephen L. Einhorn M.H.S.. 1960For extra ordinary achievement in Corporate Administration He has served as President & Chief Executive Officer of New Line Home Entertainment since 1990. New Line which is a subsidiary of Time Warner that distributes theatrical films on video and select titles on DVD. Under Einhorn’s leadership the company has increased its revenue from 40 Million to over 1 Billion Dollars in 2004. With his ability to anticipate industry trends, Einhorn has positioned New Line as pioneering industry organization. Recognized as a Industry innovator for the development of New Line’s infinifilm – a branded DVD label that has revolutionized home viewing. The process takes fans inside the production of movies such as The Lord of the Rings. He was inducted into the Video Hall of Fame in 2003, received the DVD Pioneer Award and a VIAAC Visionary Award in 2002. He and his wife Christina are active in various philanthropic activities. They and their 4 children Jodi, Daniel, Loren and Ashley reside in Palisades NY and in New York City.